[swb-public] PROJECT: Newsletter

Martin L. Fällman martin.fallman at civilrightsdefenders.org
Tue Jan 3 13:20:57 UTC 2017

Agree with the below, with 2 reservations:

I’m not sure about the “reddit-like” platform idea. Maybe something
more agile, chat-centric, plus a shared pad to actually write it up
(from templates, I’d imagine)? If we’re not aiming to set up a newswire
service then verification will definitely take a back-seat to curation
IMHO—there’s a ton of good, verified information that a lot of people
simply never would find on their own.

(Or am I misunderstanding something? Reading evilsocket’s post again
has me thinking the reddit-like would be the distribution rather than
curation platform?)

Second, whatever platform we use I’d go for regional subdivision over
country. In my experience there’s nearly always regional relevance to
ICT/policy/security news.

Best,

//MLF.