[swb-public] PROJECT: Newsletter

Michael Helwig michael.helwig at fi-security.de
Tue Jan 3 17:09:51 UTC 2017

Hi,

this is my first post in this list, so a short introduction might be in place: I'm a security consultant from germany (application security, malware analysis, ISO-guidelines). I would be glad to contribute and I am curious how this project develops.

I think some kind of newsletter would be a good idea to start. Regarding Nex's questions:

>/3. What's the best platform to produce and publish such a resource?/

I would also regard email and twitter as usable channels for distribution. I'm open to any kind of collaboration software.

>/4. What format should be? A more regular long form? Or short and more />/frequent "alerts"?/

Due to their nature, I think security relevant reports should be frequent and short. I would keep this format as readable as possible to make it accessible for a broad range of people. If there is a need for deeper technical information or guidance, we should provide a way for people to get in contact with swb.

There are also two other things that are not clear to me yet and that I think could be discussed:

5. What should the scope of these reports be? If in doubt, we should ask some NGOs what would be of interest to them, as has already been sugested on the list.

6. What will be the sources for our reports? This depends on 5, but if we find a way to semi-automatically compile these reports, it would be a big plus in the long run. In my experience, many projects start with much ambition but run out of breath quite fast. So keeping the workload managable even with sparse ressources would be good.

Best,
Michael

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 6:42 AM, Nex <lists at nex.sx