[swb-public] Community Needs Re: Introduction and some resources

tarkaja tarkaja at riseup.net
Tue Jan 3 23:27:21 UTC 2017

I strongly support the approach Martin suggested (below).

Making direct contact to existing organizations to get a feel for the
types of support they need seems to me to be the obvious first step.

Next week, I hope to have an opportunity to 'pick the brain' of a person
who has experience in the formation and operation of a now well
established NGO with a similar mission to SWB.

I've started collecting a short list of initial questions to ask
regarding issues of 'trust, safety and objectives' (as raised here a few
days ago), such as:

- How they recruited volunteers, and assigned them work
- How they reassured clients that the strangers they're inviting into
their house are safe

Please feel free to suggest more questions you think I should ask while
I 'have their ear'.

Cheers

Tarkaja

Oh... In relation to the newsletter. I'm definitely interested in
contributing to that and happy to accept any format/platform everyone
agrees on.

Martin Vojcik: